Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: March 5, 2015||Posting: 15/C/09|
|Closing Date: March 11, 2015||Union: CUPE|
Classification: Full-time IS Technician
|Rate of Pay: $23.34- $26.54 |
Initial Assignment: 140 Weber Street, Waterloo, ON, Regular Day Shift.
Provides relief at CCAC locations or teams as required.
- Providing computer software support for CCAC staff;
- Providing computer hardware support for CCAC staff;
- Maintaining, servicing & supporting computer hardware & office equipment;
- Providing staff with assistance using various computer programs & office equipment;
- Evaluating, analyzing and diagnosing staff *HELP issues;
- Creating and supporting all user profiles in different environments and in different locations;
- Providing technical support and administration for phone and voice mail systems;
- Updating inventory of IT equipment;
- Back-up of server and SQL server;
- Other duties as required.
- Four years relevant on the job technical computer experience.
- Two to three-year diploma in computer science field of study.
- Expert understanding of computer systems, laptops, servers, electronics, hardware & software.
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using computer software and data entry skills.
- Effective end user trouble shooting skills.
- Human relations skills to relate with tact and courtesy to CCAC staff, other professionals and staff of external agencies.
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices
This position may be assigned other shifts, including weekend rotation, as well as any of our work locations.
WWCCAC strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #15/C/08 before 4:30 p.m. on March 11, 2015 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 519 883 5525). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.