Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: March 13, 2015||Posting: 15/C/13|
|Closing Date: March 19, 2015||Union: CUPE|
|Classification: Intake & Referral Assistant / Part Time 0.3 FTE ||Rate of Pay: $23.34 - $26.54/ hour|
|Initial Assignment: 141 Weber Street, Waterloo ON. 8:30 am – 8:30 pm Monday to Friday, plus additional weekends if required. Provides relief at CCAC locations or teams as required. |||
- Answering and screening initial incoming phone calls according to appropriate policy & procedures; while striving to minimize the number of subsequent transfers and contacts;
- Conducting information searches using multiple resources based on client/caller needs;
- Providing general information to callers regarding community health and social service agencies; and linking callers to other agencies when appropriate;
- Gathering pertinent information from callers to assist with Case Manager triage decisions;
- Entering and verifying client records in intake database;
- Documenting and tracking calls as appropriate;
- Supporting daily administrative and operational activities of the Information and Referral Centre;
- Sharing knowledge and learned information with other team members to assist them in effectively meeting information and referral objectives;
- Preparing reports as required and identifying the need for updates.
- Mentoring new staff; acts as a resource to other staff to assist in orientation, implementing change and problem solving;
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum two years previous experience in similar or related position preferably in the health, social or community service field.
- Two – three year post-secondary diploma preferably in health, social or community services, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Information & Referral Specialist is a requirement or commitment to obtain certification within a 1 year period; medical terminology required.
- Proficiency in French required.
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using computer software, data entry skills and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to conduct information searches using multiple resources; e.g. internet, data bases, etc.
- Proficient with various software programs and databases, including Access, to generate reports and create presentations.
- Excellent listening, information seeking and problem-solving skills; ability to resolve difficult situations with poise
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to use interviewing skills to identify and respond to unique needs of individual callers.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to the feelings and issues experienced by callers.
- Customer service skills; ability to maintain a positive attitude in a stressful situation.
- Ability to prioritize important and urgent situations with sound judgment.
- Excellent knowledge of health, social and community resources.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and function well under pressure.
This position may be assigned other shifts, including weekend rotation, as well as any of our work locations.
WWCCAC strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #15/C/13 before 4:30 p.m. on March 19, 2015 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com).
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.