Assignment: 141 Weber Street South, Waterloo, ON; Regular Day Shift.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Developing and/or using reporting tools to query and transform raw data into useful information
- Integrating financial, statistical, and clinical information to support management and staff decision making
- Extract MIS data, collate, verify and correct data
- Monitoring compliance with reporting standards, collection methodology, data analysis and information dissemination to meet external requirements and the internal needs of the organization
- Assisting with the design and implementation of systems necessary to collect, maintain and analyze data
- Verifying data collection and reporting complies with MIS standards
- Making recommendations on collating data from various sources to best answer questions
- Working with users of data and information to determine information requirements
- Designing and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain and analyze data
- Analyzing data as it pertains to current and future business processes
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure a healthy and safe work environment and participates in continuous quality improvement
- Participatory problem-solving and shared ownership and accountability for decisions and solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Three-year undergraduate degree in health information, information management, information systems, computer science, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Two to three years relevant on the job experience
- Expert in querying databases or report creation using tools such as SQL, Crystal Reports or SQL Report Builder
- Experience with MIS financial and statistical reporting submissions to MOH
- Demonstrated experience with statistical and business intelligence software such as SAS, ABI, cubes or other tools an asset
- Human relations skills to relate with tact and courtesy to CCAC staff, other professionals and staff of external agencies
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Analytical skills related to business processes, reports and data
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #15/C/16 before 4:30 p.m. on June 3, 2015 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.