Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: June 24, 2016||Posting: 16/C/27|
|Closing Date: June 30, 2016||Union: CUPE|
|Classification: Scheduling Clerk / Temporary Full-Time (up to 12 months) ||Rate of Pay: $19.99 – 22.69/hour |
|Initial Assignment: 450 Speedvale Avenue, Guelph, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Provides relief at other CCAC locations or teams as required. |
- Receiving absence requests of all staff;
- Preparing and coding of work schedule for all staff;
- Coordinating appropriate coverage for those staff members who are absent;
- Coordinating the availability of floating staff and scheduling their shifts;
- Entering all staff absences into appropriate software systems;
- Preparing and posting the schedules of all staff to the intranet;
- Ensuring all information entered is correct and current for payroll purposes;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Successful completion of grade 12, plus an additional program of up to one year in duration;
- Two to three years of relevant administrative office experience;
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using computer software and data entry skills;
- Previous experience with scheduling software an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, data entry skills, effective problem solving, and decision making skills are essential
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with internal staff and external clients;
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices;
- Able to work effectively in a team based setting, strong planning and organizational skills, along with the ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities, and to work independently;
This position may be assigned other shifts, including weekend rotation, as well as any of our work locations.
WWCCAC strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #16/C/27 before 4:30 p.m. on June 30, 2016 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.