141 Weber Street South, Waterloo, ON; Regular Day Shift
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Developing and/or using reporting tools to query and transform raw data into useful information
- Integrating financial, statistical, and clinical information to support management and staff decision making
- Extract MIS data, collate, verify and correct data
- Monitoring compliance with reporting standards, collection methodology, data analysis and information dissemination to meet external requirements and the internal needs of the organization
- Assisting with the design and implementation of systems necessary to collect, maintain and analyze data
- Verifying data collection and reporting complies with MIS standards
- Making recommendations on collating data from various sources to best answer questions
- Working with users of data and information to determine information requirements
- Designing and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain and analyze data
- Analyzing data as it pertains to current and future business processes
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure a healthy and safe work environment and participates in continuous quality improvement
- Participatory problem-solving and shared ownership and accountability for decisions and solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three-year undergraduate degree in health information, information management, information systems, computer science, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Two to three years relevant on the job experience
- Expert in querying databases or report creation using tools such as SQL, Crystal Reports or SQL Report Builder
- Experience with MIS financial and statistical reporting submissions to MOH
- Demonstrated experience with statistical and business intelligence software such as SAS, ABI, cubes or other tools an asset
- Human relations skills to relate with tact and courtesy to CCAC staff, other professionals and staff of external agencies
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Analytical skills related to business processes, reports and data
WWCCAC strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #16/C/47 before 4:30 p.m. on October 5, 2016 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.