Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: July 17, 2017||Posting: 17/C/29|
|Closing Date: July 24, 2017||Union: CUPE|
|Classification: Senior Statistical Analyst, Full Time ||Rate of Pay: CUPE GRADE 10|
Initial Assignment: 141 Weber St. S., Waterloo, ON; Regular day shift
*note this position may be subject to a location change*
The Senior Statistical Analyst is responsible for undertaking of research, statistical, and data analysis along with related reporting in support of the organization's goals.
- Experienced in methods used routinely for study design principles and approaches, data analysis and research techniques including sample size calculations, comparison of categorical and continuous data, stratification and pooling of odds ratios, multivariate analysis.
- Performs financial, data and statistical analysis to provide historical and forecasted utilization insights.
- Experience in writing and synthesizing analysis and research, and the preparation of information products with strong attention to detail.
- Liaises with government, public health, research and academic institutions to contribute to, and keep appraised of best practices in health information and emerging decision support algorithms.
- Supports management and staff decision making through analysis and interpretation of data and pertinent business processes; for example, recommendations for control points or improvements to business processes.
- Provides project support in development of metrics such as quality measures, process control points, and data/information definitions.
- Prepares reports for internal and external presentations.
- Provides support with special projects.
Education and experience typically includes a Master's degree with specialization in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Research, Health Economics or equivalent and 2 – 3 years of professional experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the WWLHIN's programs and services in order to support data analysis and development of recommendations.
- Knowledge of leading / emerging practices in business analytics -- statistical, financial, computer based technologies/applications such as SQL or SAS, benchmarking and related reporting models (how to communicate data in support of evidence based decision making).
- Knowledge of health system reporting requirements (MLPA, MSAA, HSAA, OHRS).
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #17/C/29 before 4:30 p.m. on July 24, 2017 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.