Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: July 17, 2017||Posting: 17/C/30|
|Closing Date: July 24, 2017||Union: CUPE|
|Classification: Business Intelligence Specialist, Full Time ||Rate of Pay: CUPE GRADE 8|
Initial Assignment: 141 Weber St. S., Waterloo, ON; Regular day shift
*note this position may be subject to a location change*
The Business Intelligence Specialist is responsible for undertaking the design, implementation, and monitoring of business intelligence solutions in support of the organization's goals. This includes the entire business intelligence stack including database architecture, data warehouse design, ETL processes, cube architecture and reporting. This role supports the organization through improving existing reporting, aggregating common data, and making data/business analysis more efficient.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, test and implement the data warehouse, ETL processes, cubes, dashboards, ongoing and ad-hoc reports from multiple datasets.
- Work closely with technology and analytic leaders to communicate concerns and areas of
- Work closely with decision support team to ensure existing business intelligence tools and reports meet reporting/analytical needs.
- Assists in development of metrics such as qualitative and quantitative measures, and data/information definitions.
- Leads quality improvement to make reporting more efficient and user friendly.
- Prepares reports for internal and external presentations.
- Provides support with special projects.
Education and experience typically includes a university degree / college diploma in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Mathematics, Information Sciences or equivalent and 2 – 3 years of professional experience or equivalent.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Experience in extract/transform/load processes, data warehousing and cube development using multiple data sets.
- Experience with reporting tools.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience in the health care sector with understanding of common health care metrics/terminology an asset.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting # 17/C/30 before 4:30 p.m. on July 24, 2017 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.