Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
Notice of Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: December 4, 2017 ||Posting: 17-A-28|
|Closing Date: December 18, 2017 ||Union: Non-Union |
|Position: Manager, Health System Finance ||FTE: 1.0 – Full Time|
The Manager, Health System Finance is responsible for the management of financial allocations to WWLHIN Health Service Providers (HSP). This includes monitoring financial performance and service delivery as set out in service accountability agreements and any amendments to those agreements. The role is responsible for championing a strong customer service approach both internally with WWLHIN staff and externally with HSPs, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, and other stakeholders. The role will provide financial analysis and expertise on various reporting requirements relevant to the WWLHIN and HSPs.
- Monitors the financial performance of HSPs as set out in service accountability agreements.
- Monitors and reconciles cash flows to health service delivery organizations including tracking and reporting of allocated, unallocated and committed funding.
- Monitors and reconciles service volume delivery of individual health service providers in accordance with service accountability contracts.
- Reports on potential health system risks, contract obligations, service delivery information and financial data to assist in strategic decisions.
- Liaises with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care on funding matters, including reporting requirements for the WWLHIN and HSPs.
- Supports the HSP contracts development process in a collaborative environment in order to achieve the HSP, LHIN & Ministry outcomes.
- Assists with Finance and Audit committee reporting and presentations.
- Provides education and information to health service providers and internal teams regarding reporting processes, mechanisms, policies and technical systems.
- Researches, recommends and develops appropriate plans, processes and practices for performance monitoring.
- Leads process improvement initiatives pertaining to funding allocation procedures and policies.
- Participates in the development and responsible for maintaining the appropriate tools and processes for effective financial, service delivery and risk monitoring.
- Prepares performance reports and identifies risks and related mitigation strategies on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis in relation to the performance of LHIN funded Health Service Providers.
- Provides advice to the LHIN from a financial perspective on funding allocations and health system financial matters.
- Performs and oversees the transfer payment transaction process and ensures that appropriate accounting and internal control processes are in place.
- Oversees the funding correspondence processes to ensure that funding commitments are communicated effectively and that funding follows in due course.
- Identifies and monitors high-risk issues related to funding or financial management of health service delivery organizations.
- Prepares analytical reports, briefing notes and proposals for senior management and the Board of Directors, while focusing on the highest level of customer service.
- Participates on Pan-LHIN committees to ensure use of best practice and efficient service models.
- Ensures adherence to internal and external policy, legislation and best practice for Contract Management within LHIN Operations.
- Works with other departments to maintain a strong internal control environment, and to ensure that appropriate cross-functional training and knowledge-sharing exists for all key business management functions at the LHIN.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education/training in finance, accounting, business administration, health administration or relevant field, including a professional accounting designation or demonstrated professional development progress.
- 5+ years related work experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience in financial analysis and management practices, preferably in a public service setting.
- Demonstrated communication and inter-personal skills, to work effectively and develop trust with the Board of Directors, senior management and staff, and to liaise with the MOHLTC and HSPs.
- Excellent client service skills and the ability to act with tact and assertiveness in dealing with internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Experience in preparing briefing notes, proposals and recommendations for senior staff and Boards of Directors.
- In-depth knowledge of, and proven ability to establish controls, processes and best practices with respect to funding and contract management functions.
- Experience with a very hands-on approach to completion of tasks and responsibilities.
- Comprehensive experience in performing financial analysis and critical evaluation of complex financial programs.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify and respond quickly to emerging issues and priorities, as well as to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to develop innovative solutions to address complex challenges.
- Ability to identify opportunities and develop solutions while ensuring compliance to applicable legislation.
- Experience with Provincial reporting tools, such as the Ontario Health Reporting Standards and Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Self Reporting Initiative considered an asset.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, before 4:30 p.m. on December 18, 2017 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.