Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: January 31, 2017||Posting: 17/C/02|
|Closing Date: February 6, 2017||Union: CUPE|
|Classification: Administrative Float, TPT for up to 6 months ||Rate of Pay: $20.13 - $22.85|
Initial Assignment: 141 Weber St. S., Waterloo, ON; Regular day shift
The Administrative Float provides administrative coverage and resource support to various administrative functions within the organization. Provides coverage and support for Program Assistants and administrative positions within switchboard, covers during vacation periods, illness and other absences and provides support for occasional administrative projects.
- Providing Reception services at the Waterloo office
- Operating Waterloo office switchboard for a staff of greater than 400 people. Receiving calls, directing to the appropriate individual or voice mailbox or providing caller with required information. Using the client database software to direct client calls.
- Preparing outgoing material to be sent via courier to external agencies and branch offices. Sorting and date stamping incoming mail for distribution to CCAC staff.
- Providing administrative support to Managers of the divisions being covered, including typing of letter, memos, agendas, minutes, reports, forms, tables, spreadsheets and presentations, photocopying, faxing, filing, emailing, data entry and mail service, using various software programs and equipment.
- Successful completion of grade 12, plus an additional program of up to one year in duration (e.g., business practices, business administration, business diploma, etc);
- One to two years of relevant administrative office experience;
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using multiple software applications, data entry skills and keyboarding skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with internal staff and external stakeholders;
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices;
- Able to work effectively in a team based setting, strong planning and organizational skills, along with the ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities, and to work independently.
This position may be assigned other shifts, including weekend rotation, as well as any of our work locations.
WWCCAC strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #17/C/02 before 4:30 p.m. on February 6, 2017 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.