Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: August 21, 2017||Posting: 17/C/36|
|Closing Date: August 29, 2017||Union: CUPE|
Classification: Financial Analyst
|Rate of Pay: $23.66 to $26.92/hour |
|Initial Assignment: 141 Weber Street, Waterloo, regular day shift. Provides relief at CCAC locations or teams as required.|||
- Participatory problem-solving and shared ownership and accountability for decisions and solutions.
- Maintains numerous spread sheets and prepares budget forecast report
- Processes transactions e.g. receiving, bank, and payroll.
- Responsible for reconciliation and analysis of financial data.
- Responding to user inquiries and providing them with applicable information.
- Responsible for billings and reconciliations.
- Compiles and distributes reports e.g. internal statements, market share.
- Assist in month end and yearend reporting and variance analysis.
- Prepares monthly accruals and analyze.
- Assist in yearend audit activities e.g. working papers.
- Back up and support for accounts payable.
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure a healthy and safe work environment and participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting (e.g. CMA, CGA Level 1 or 2) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to three years relevant financial office experience.
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using computer software and data entry skills.
- Expertise in advanced spread sheets (eg Excel) and report writing (eg Crystal)
- Knowledge of Quadrant (Great Plains) financial accounting system is an asset
- Human relations skills to relate with tact and courtesy to staff, clients and staff of external agencies.
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with internal staff and external clients.
- Knowledge of office systems, LHIN procedures and business practices.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #16/C/36 before 4:30 p.m. on August 29, 2017 to Human Resources e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.