We value acting in the best interest of our residents' health and well-being
Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
|Date of Posting: January 13, 2018||Posting: 18/A/01|
|Closing Date: January 21, 2018||Union: Non-Union|
|Classification: Senior Financial & Business Analyst ||FTE: 1.0 – Full Time|
|Initial Assignment: 141 Weber St. S., Waterloo, ON; Regular day shift |||
The Senior Financial & Business Analyst is responsible for undertaking of research, statistical, and data analysis along with related reporting in support of the organization's goals.
- Provides integrated financial, statistical and clinical information to support evidence-based decision-making
- Provides cost, cost avoidance and savings estimates for new or changes to existing programs
- Analyzes current and future trends, practices, etc. and provides input into the development of financial and utilization forecasts based on estimates of community need
- Integrates and provides analysis of financial, statistical, and clinical information to support management and staff decision making
- Performs analysis of indicators to provide recommendation for improvement to maximize and support client care in a fair, equitable, and cost effective manner
- Serves as an advisor and consultant to internal and external stakeholders in the area of decision support, including but not limited to financial and client care trends and development of labour relations, proposals and negotiations.
- Presents analysis and summaries using verbal and written communications
- Acts as a resource for team member questions
- Anticipates information needs, utilizing appropriate needs assessment methodology
- Identifies gaps in current information availability, accessibility and defines/implements solutions to close the gaps
- Utilizes appropriate methodology to develop and implement benchmarking approaches and assists with the dissemination of pertinent information throughout the organization
- Optimizes the use of already collected data (provincial and national) as well as identifying new data elements to enhance information for decision-making
- Develops and/or uses data reporting tools to query and transform raw data into useful information
- Ensures and monitors compliance regarding data requirements, data analysis and information dissemination to meet external regulatory requirements, and the internal needs of the organization
- Responsible for data collection, analyzing and interpreting information to assist others to make informed decisions regarding LHIN/Health System programs.
- Provides recommendations based on analysis of information
Four-year undergraduate degree in accounting, financial, information management or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Four to five years relevant on the job experience
- Expert in financial and statistical analysis
- Experience in leading and managing projects with successful timely completion
- Knowledge of MIS financial and statistical reporting submissions to MOH
- Experience writing summaries and reports in language understood by varying departments
- Experience in querying databases or report creation using tools such as SQL, SSRS or Crystal Reports
- Demonstrated experience with working with data cubes an asset
- Analytical skills related to data, business process and reports
- Knowledge of lean principles and/or business process benchmarking
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices
- Strong planning and organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Attention to quality and continually seeks to understand customer requirements and improve quality of service delivery
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #18/A/01 before 11:59 p.m. on January 21, 2017 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.