We value acting in the best interest of our residents' health and well-being
Date: January 10, 2018
Job Title : Manager, Waterloo Wellington Integrated Hospice Palliative Care Regional Program
Reports to: Director, Waterloo Wellington Integrated Hospice Palliative Care Regional Program
The Waterloo Wellington Integrated Hospice Palliative Care (WWIHPC) Regional Program Manager ('The Manager') reports to the WWIHPC Regional Program Director. The Manager is accountable for achieving the WWIHPC Regional Program deliverables as described in the WWIHPC Regional Program's annual work plan. As a member of the WWIHPC Leadership Team, the Manager works closely with the WWIHPC Regional Program Executive Leads, Director, Clinical Co-Leads and the OPCN Regional Liaison to complete engagement activities, program development and quality improvements to implement the activities required to achieve the strategic and annual work plan of the WWIHPC Regional Program. The Manager will collaborate with local partners to improve hospice palliative care across all patient populations, illness trajectories and health care settings
- Work in close partnership with the WW IHPC Regional Program Clinical Co-Leads to achieve regional deliverables that are defined in the WWIHPC Regional Program annual work plan.
- Support activities within the regional care system to be coordinated and contributing to system strategic goals
- Identify opportunities, initiatives and resources to maximize efficiency, integration and sustainability of regional HPC resources and services
- Through engagement with system partners and stakeholders, lead system operational and quality improvement activities
- Prepare reports on behalf of the WW IHPC Regional Program Director for submission to the Waterloo Wellington LHIN CEO and Regional Vice President for the Waterloo Wellington Regional Cancer Program (WW RCP), OPCN and others as requested
- Develop & maintain strategic collaborative relationships / partnerships
- Provide advocacy for hospice palliative care services
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among relevant health service providers to facilitate knowledge transfer and awareness of best practices
- Provide project management and administrative/coordination support to the WW IHPC Regional Program activities, intiatives and working groups, as required
- Lead the development and implementation of a communication and engagement plan in collaboration with the WW IHPC Regional Program Director and Clinical Co-Leads
- Travel frequently through Waterloo Wellington geographic area and sub-regions
- Facilitate knowledge transfer of provincial hospice palliative initiatives and strategies to stakeholders throughout the region
- Participate in provincial and regional committees as required
Baccalaureate degree in health-related discipline, or relevant field and experience; Masters preferred
Required Skills & Experience
· Thorough knowledge of 'The Declaration of Partnership' and OPCN Action Plan
· Knowledge of current and changing dynamics of the palliative and health care system
· Outstanding report writing, proposal development, and presentation skills
· Proven success in utilizing collaboration and change management skills and
approaches to achieve consensus and impactful solutions
· Experience executing complex, multi-stakeholder quality improvement initiatives
· Strong planning and facilitation skills
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #18/A/02 before 11:59 p.m. on January 28, 2018 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_AdministrativeAssistant.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.