We value acting in the best interest of our residents' health and well-being
Date: January, 2018
Job Title : IT, Helpdesk Student
Reports to: Manager, Information Technology
Supports the LHIN IT Helpdesk by providing entry-level hardware and software technical support, ticket triage and escalation, and assisting the IT team with various tasks and operations.
- Entry-level hardware and software technical support and troubleshooting;
- Monitoring and prioritizing incoming IT helpdesk tickets via web portal, phone and other methods;
- Providing prompt responses to issues that can be resolved quickly;
- Escalating or obtaining assistance in resolving issues which require more complex troubleshooting;
- Creating and supporting all user profiles in different environments and in different locations;
- Computer hardware and software deployments;
- Updating inventory of IT equipment;
- Other duties as required.
- Ensure that all PC's, laptops, handheld equipment, printers, monitors, and electronic equipment are in good working order.
- Maintains inventory of computers and office equipment for all LHIN sites.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university program in the computer science, customer service, or related field.
- Some experience supporting Windows-based computer systems personally or professionally.
- Some experience in a customer support-related field is an asset.
- Intermediate understanding of computer systems, laptops, electronics, hardware & software.
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using computer software and data entry skills.
- Effective end user trouble shooting skills.
- Human relations skills to relate with tact and courtesy to LHIN staff, other professionals and staff of external agencies.
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting competition 18-A-03 before 4:30 p.m. on February 9, 2018 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_AdministrativeAssistant.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.