We value….acting in the best interest of our residents' health and well being
Date: February, 2018
Job Title: French Language Services (FLS) Officer
Reports to: Director, Patient Services
With a key focus on French Language Services, this position is responsible to help implement key strategic initiatives that support achievement of the Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network (WW LHIN) priorities to improve access, increase care coordination and strengthen system sustainability. In collaboration with other LHIN leaders and health system partners, the officer is responsible to identify and support activities related to advancing French language services within the LHIN's key strategic directions.
- Under the guidance of the Director and in collaboration with the French Language Health Planning Entity (Entité 2), aim to improve the availability of French language services (FLS) in the local health care system.
- Implement plans to ensure that the Waterloo Wellington LHIN is meeting the FLS requirements under the French Language Services Act and the Local Health System Integration Act.
- Lead the Waterloo Wellington LHIN FLS designation process with a goal to increasing access to services in French as well as the designation evaluation process to ensure continued compliance to FLS standards.
- Participate and contribute to regional and provincial committees, initiatives and engagement activities related to FLS.
- Assist in the development of FLS designation plans and monitoring, evaluation and reporting of FLS compliance of health system partners.
- Contribute to the Waterloo Wellington LHIN community engagement plans and actively engage Waterloo Wellington communities with respect to program service needs, particularly the implementation and integration of FLS services.
- Cultivate relationships to improve access to quality health services in the local health care system.
- Develop and foster partnerships with key stakeholders and community members to increase awareness, foster dialogue and commitment, and support the implementation of the Waterloo Wellington LHIN Integrated Health Services Plan.
- Conduct analyses of the local health care system based on provincial data, community input and other sources with the purpose of identifying gaps/opportunities, establishing planning and integration priorities, and developing LHIN-wide performance expectations.
- Identify and support integration opportunities of existing and new programs and services across the Waterloo Wellington LHIN to support the development of a high quality, efficient, effective and sustainable local health system that meets the needs of the Francophone communities.
- Support the development and provide advice related to FLS employment recruitment initiatives for WW LHIN.
- Provide regular updates, reports, policy development and sound advice on FLS matters to LHIN Senior Management as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary Degree in health administration, health planning, business administration, communications or relevant field.
- Three to five years' experience in healthcare administration and planning.
- Strong awareness and understanding of the Francophone communities and services in the Waterloo Wellington area and Ontario.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Ontario Health Care System.
- Knowledge of the French Language Services Act and the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006 as well as their respective regulations.
- Experience with facilitation techniques and processes, including experience developing and facilitating complex sessions involving diverse stakeholders.
- Solid project management skills and proven experience successfully implementing and completing projects.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, facilitation and relationship management skills with team members and external stakeholders.
- Ability to use and interpret data from multiple sources to guide evidence based decisions.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience gaining consensus among diverse groups.
- Innovative solution focused problem solver with strong analytical abilities.
- Knowledge of Health Equity and Community Engagement frameworks.
- Exceptional technical skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Superior oral and written proficiency in French is essential.
Nature and Scope:
- Interpersonal Contacts: Internally, communicates with employees throughout the organization to present, discuss information and problems related to undertaking the priority setting analysis and health planning functions. Externally, communicates directly with various stakeholders to obtain and exchange the information required by the planning group to perform their analytical work, and gains consensus and agreement on the needs, priorities and integration plans and initiatives.
- Level of Responsibility: The position provides a technical and support role in the modeling, sustainable health system improvement, priority-setting analysis, and health service planning and integration.
- Decision-Making Authority: The position provides critical analytical work to determine and support key decisions related to priority setting, and health planning and integration.
- Physical and Sensory Demands: Minimal demands typical of a technical and support role in an office environment.
- Working Environment: Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions associated with a technical and support position within an office environment.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting competition 18-A-09 before 11:59 p.m. on March 29, 2018 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.