Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: January 30, 2018||Posting: 18/C/03|
|Closing Date: February 6, 2018||Union: CUPE|
|Classification: Sr. IT Technician & Systems Administrator (2 FTE)||Rate of Pay: CUPE GRADE 10|
|Initial Assignment: 141 Weber St. S., Waterloo, ON; Regular day shift. Provides relief at WWLHIN locations or teams as required. |
The primary goal the Sr. IT Technician & Systems Administrator position is to make it easy for LHIN staff to effectively serve the residents of Waterloo-Wellington. This will be accomplished by providing timely support on technical issues, and maintaining the performance and integrity of WWLHIN IT systems.
- Providing tier 2 support for the WWLHIN's IT Helpdesk,
- Backing up the IT Technician role (tier 1 support) as required,
- Maintaining the performance and integrity of the LHIN's hardware and software resources including: network equipment, server hardware, databases, and operating systems.
- Leading or supporting internal project teams in the development & deployment of technical solutions including: requirements gathering, timeline development, stakeholder engagement, and implementation management.
- Working with staff and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Supporting, maintaining, monitoring, upgrading, backing up, and deploying: servers, routers, switches, firewalls, databases, computer hardware, and software applications.
- Maintaining and monitoring the integrity of the LAN and connectivity to remote offices, ISPs, provincial data centres, and other LHINs via VPN or private network.
- Act as lead or key technical resource for internal projects.
- IT contingency planning and disaster recovery.
- Ensuring optimal performance and security of applications and hardware within the network.
- Remaining current with new technologies and suggesting upgrades / changes to current infrastructure.
- Liaise regularly with Health Shared Services Ontario and other external stakeholders as a key contact for provincial IT projects and deployments.
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure a healthy and safe work environment and participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Other duties as required.
Responsibility for Programs, Material/Financial Resources:
- Ensures the networks, servers, databases and related systems are in good working condition.
- Takes steps to mitigate data and asset loss in the event of a disaster or catastrophic failure.
- Four to five years' relevant experience with computer systems administration and customer support.
- Three-year University or college degree / diploma in computer science or a similar technology field.
- MCSA/MCSE certification specializing in server operating systems and/or infrastructure management.
- Networking certification is an asset
- Experienced in configuring and implementing of servers, routers, switches, firewalls, databases, computer hardware, and software applications.
- Proven experience with administration of Microsoft products especially: server operating systems, Hyper-V, and SQL Enterprise.
- Practical experience in system support is required.
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using computer software and data entry skills.
- Human relations skills to relate with tact and courtesy to LHIN staff, other professionals and staff of external agencies.
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats; occasionally trains other IT staff members.
- Experience dealing with and overseeing external vendors.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing and is empathetic and responsive in all communications.
Other Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices.
- An understanding of project management fundamentals is an asset.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #18/C/03 before 4:30 p.m. on February 06, 2018 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files formats are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_AdministrativeAssistant.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.