Date of Posting: January 3, 2018
January 10, 2018
Classification: Rapid Response Nurse (RRN) RPN
1.0 TFT – Up to 12
Rate of Pay: $27.15 to $29.87
Initial Assignment: Visits anywhere in WWLHIN
dependent on referrals received.
7 Hour shifts
prescheduled. Monday thru Sunday (Rotating), plus on-call and rotation of
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, Rapid Response Nurse at WWLHIN, the incumbent will be responsible to:
- Functions independently in the community and provides quality nursing care, within their scope of practice, for clients and families who have a plan of care and for whom outcomes of care are predictable.
- Within their scope of practice, follows plan of nursing care, including discharge plan. Through consultation and liaison with client, WWLHIN, physician and other multi-disciplinary team members, evaluates and modifies plan of care on an ongoing basis.
- Utilizes the nursing process effectively in order to provide high quality nursing care for clients and/or caregivers in all client situations. Applies current knowledge and research to practice.
- Documents and reports client information according to policy, congruent with College of Nursing standards of documentation. Seeks consultation from RNs in client situations that are beyond their scope of practice.
- Ensures cost effective client care, including effective utilization of resources, through collaboration with families and multi-disciplinary team members.
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure a healthy and safe work environment and participates in continuous quality improvement;
- Other duties as required.
- Three – five years' of experience relevant experience as a Registered Practical Nurse.
- Current RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario with no restrictions on licence or hearings pending, AND
- Practical Nursing Certificate from an accredited college program, a medication administration certificate and an IV medication administration certificate from an accredited college program.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using a variety of computer software and data entry skills, i.e. CHRIS, Excel, Data Base Software, as well as various other programs.
- Knowledgeable in the use of technology in a community setting – e.g., lap top in the home, mobile phone, remote networking, etc.
- Provides best practice care in management of skills including but not limited to: wounds, drains, catheters, chest tubes, injections, IV medication administration and line maintenance
- Knowledgeable in set up, education for and administration of community supplies including but not limited to CADD and Joey pumps, Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- The ability to travel throughout Waterloo Region and Wellington County is required.
- Fluency in French language preferred.
- Working knowledge of community resources and roles of health care professionals.
- Solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices.
- Knowledge of direct care/case management models used in community health care organizations.
- Demonstrated awareness of cultural diversity; ability to behave discreetly and sensitively to confidential issues
- Knowledge of WWLHIN priorities, policies, practices and service standards.
This position may be required to provide relief at other LHIN locations or teams as needed and may be part of the on call rotation as per the provisions of the ONA collective agreement.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at HR.WW@lhins.on.ca for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #18-O-01 before 4:30 p.m. on January 10, 2018 to Human Resources (e-mail: HR.WW@lhins.on.ca). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_AdministrativeAssistant.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.