Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
of Posting: March
Closing Date: March
Classification: Team Assistant – CHTA/CBA
(Temporary full-time for a period of up to
of Pay: $21.42 - $24.35
Assignment: 141 Weber Street South,
Waterloo; 12 hour shifts as pre scheduled, Monday to Sunday.
relief at LHIN locations or teams as required.
- Processing new referrals, including data entry of
- Responding appropriately to incoming phone calls
and inquiries as directed by triage decision making tree;
- Updating and maintaining current client
information and records in CHRIS database, including client’s service bookings;
- Assembling and maintaining files of pertinent
client information; verifying that all relevant documents have been completed
- Booking home visits and client conferences as
- Processing letters, client applications and other
- Preparing client reports for Care
Coordinators/Placement Coordinators as required;
- Generating reports and labels from CHRIS;
- Reviewing and investigating SAFs;
- Securing and/or shredding confidential documents
- Transcribing, copying and distributing letters,
memos and conference reports using word processing software and other
- Other duties as required.
- Successful completion of grade
12, plus an additional program of up to one year in duration;
- Two to three years of relevant
administrative office experience;
- Knowledge or experience in
medical terminology an asset;
- Understanding of available
community resources, services and the roles of health care professionals,
hospital and support workers;
- Proficient in the operation of a
personal computer in a networked environment using computer software and data
- Able to communicate effectively
in both oral and written formats with internal staff and external clients;
- Knowledge of office systems,
procedures and business practices;
- Able to work effectively in a
team based setting, strong planning and organizational skills, along with the
ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities, and to work
- Able to relate effectively with
sensitivity, tact and discretion to clients, family members, staff and the
public, along with ability to maintain confidentiality.
This position may be assigned other
shifts, including weekend rotation, as well as any of our work locations.
strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes
will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation
through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human
Resources for assistance.
If you are interested in this
position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining
how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements,
quoting posting #18/C/09 before 4:30 p.m. on March 15, 2018 to
Human Resources (e-mail: HR.WW@lhins.on.ca). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be
communicating only with those selected for an interview.
PLEASE NOTE*** Cover
letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files
are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job
title in the file name when applying, example
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE
PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.