Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of Administrative Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: May 21, 2014||Posting: 14/A/05|
|Closing Date: May 28, 2014||Union: Non-Union |
|Position: Communications Specialist – Temporary Part Time for up to one year ||FTE: 0.5 – Part Time |
|Initial Assignment: 141 Weber Street South, Waterloo, Regular Day Shift.|||
The Communications Specialist is committed to providing outstanding care – every person – every day. This role will exhibit the following values: mutual respect, responsiveness, innovation, fairness and courage.
Reporting to the Strategic Communication Lead, this position is responsible for overseeing day to day operations of corporate communications to support organizational strategic priorities and strategies.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Working with the Strategic Communication lead – ensure the successful roll out of the Annual Corporate Communication calendar
- Oversees the day-to-day management of the editorial calendar for WWCCAC in digital and print
- Responsible for the management of communications staff
- Initiates and maintains communications policies and processes to ensure consistent messaging and compatibility with overall healthcare agenda
- Assists the strategic communication lead manage communications develop key messages for use by the Board and senior staff
- Working along-side CCAC managers and staff – develops patient stories that can be used in patient, staff and partner newsletters
- Supports communication needs internally and externally working along-side the strategic communication lead
- Coordinates and participates on committees within the organization to support CCAC strategic leadership position
- Develops and maintains collaborative relations at all levels of the organization in order to build trust and confidence in the advice and service provided
- Develops compelling communication collateral that illustrates how CCAC provides outstanding care, every person every day.
- General University Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field or equivalent combination or education and experience
- Strong writing skills
- Preference given to candidate who holds a communication designation such as an Accredited Business Communicator (ABC).
- Minimum 3 years of media relations experience in a multi-stakeholder environment, preferably in the public sector
- Excellent knowledge of current communication theories, disciplines, techniques, best practices and planning methods for traditional and social media with demonstrated success using social networking for previous campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective communications in a change environment
- Demonstrated experience developing messages and determining the appropriate delivery of responses to contentious and sensitive issues on behalf of senior management, executives, and the Board of directors
- Solid background in integrating large, complex communications initiatives in a change environment
- French fluency preferred
- Knowledge of CCAC business strategies and objectives, stakeholders, client service delivery methodologies, and the overall healthcare sector.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #14/A/05 before 4:30 p.m. on May 28, 2014 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.