Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of Administrative Job Vacancy
Date of Posting: February 28, 2014
Closing Date: March 21, 2014
Position: Director of Finance
FTE: 1.0 – Full Time
Initial Assignment: 141 Weber Street South, Waterloo, Regular Day Shift.
The Director of Finance is responsible for planning, organizing and evaluating the financial activities of the organization, where the day to day functions reflect the organization's vision "outstanding care – every person, every day." In collaboration with senior leaders, the Director of Finance is expected to provide leadership in Finance to facilitate the objectives of the Waterloo Wellington CCAC.
The individual plans, develops, and manages the finance, accounting, auditing, and financial reporting functions of the organization, as well as providing consultative leadership to decision support.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- To plan, develop and administer the CCAC budget and ensure consistency with the business plan.
- To ensure the preparation of forecasts for senior management
- To maintain and update financial systems consistent with generally accepted accounting and audit principles.
- To ensure financial and internal control policies and procedures are current, utilized appropriately and implemented in a timely fashion.
- To direct recruitment, selection and development of Finance staff.
- Directs preparation of financial reports and provides financial and statistical oversight of these reports.
- To ensure that the work of the Finance Team supports the mission, vision and values of the CCAC and is consistent with the Strategic Plan.
- To inform the Senior Director, Corporate Services, of appropriate staffing and budgetary issues.
- To oversee, and perform as required, analysis and reporting of consolidated data from multiple CCAC systems.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, business or mathematics along with a recognized accounting designation CMA, CGA, or CA.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of financial and management accounting practices and principles, data analysis and reporting.
- Proven leadership and management skills in the Finance area.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to respect and work well with others, developing effective and supportive relationships with colleagues.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #14/A/04 before 4:30 p.m. on March 21, 2014 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.