This position is responsible to drive a quality and patient safety action oriented culture where the day to day patient experience reflects the organization's vision - "outstanding care – every person, every day." In collaboration with Senior leaders, the Director of Quality, Risk Management and Planning will provide leadership for the strategic and operational planning priority setting and alignment; and execution of the performance measurement framework and other performance reporting processes. The position will provide oversight for the enterprise risk management process and the existing progressive ethical program.
NATURE & SCOPE:
Quality and Patient Safety
- Directs and oversees the execution of service excellence that drives positive patient experiences. Specifically, focusing the organization on reforming processes and behaviours that align with patient goals.
- Promotes research and best practices related to patient experiences.
- Provides strategic leadership to drive an action oriented quality and patient safety culture throughout the organization and with contracted service providers
- Chairs a progressive quality and patient safety leadership staff committee whose aim is to help drive the action oriented quality culture.
- Provide leadership to a newly formed quality and planning team which includes a dedicated patient relations position
- Creates structures and processes that ensures strong linkages with local MPP office staff and the quality team to ensure effective and efficient responses for local constituents
- Provides strategic leadership to assist senior leaders and Board committees develop performance measures e.g. annual performance measurement framework aligned to the strategic plan
- In collaboration with senior leaders, facilitates and leads the annual Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
- Provides leadership for the accreditation process and for ongoing accreditation activities.
- Directs and provides oversight for the corporate and operational planning activities specifically:
- Supports the Senior Director with the strategic planning activities (environmental scan, community needs assessment, strategic plan refresh) and the annual business planning process and refresh
- Provides oversight for the internal planning tools – e.g. Eclipse that aids senior leaders and project leads with effective communication and management of strategic initiatives
- Provide oversight for an established, progressive ethic program
- Develops a research process to monitor and track research initiatives underway and to share the learning's from the research findings.
- Working with senior leaders provides facilitation and oversight for the bi-yearly refresh of the enterprise risk management process
- Provides oversight for legal process and activities within the organization
- Master's degree in Health/Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years relevant leadership experience specific to patient relations, quality, patient safety, performance management, and risk management in a healthcare environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated operational experience with CCAC's and/or with Contracted Service Providers
- Good knowledge of performance and quality management program requirements and methodologies - quality improvement philosophy, methods and tools, e.g., Lean, as well as national excellence standards, e.g., Accreditation Canada
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise risk management concepts, strategies and standards
- Strong knowledge of LHIN Integrated Health Services Plan and Multi- Sector Accountability Agreement (M-SAA) requirements
- Solid understanding of the evolving role of the CCACs within the healthcare sector
- Strong knowledge of strategic and business planning practices in the healthcare sector
- Strong knowledge of fiscal planning and management processes in the public sector environment
- Highly developed collaboration skills
- Exceptional presentation skills to develop reports and recommendations for the Senior team and/or Board of Directors
- Well-developed ability to use tact, diplomacy and persuasion to achieve business objectives
- Mentoring and coaching skills to supervise subordinate staff and provide advice and guidance to colleagues
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #14/A/03 before 4:30 p.m. on March 14, 2014 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.