Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of Administrative Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: April 28, 2015||Posting: 15/A/06|
|Closing Date: May 12, 2015||Union: Non-Union |
|Position: Human Resources Coordinator |
FTE: 1.0 – Temporary full-time for up
to 12 months
|Initial Assignment: Will work out of all three offices and satellite offices as required. |||
The Human Resources Coordinator provides support to WW CCAC staff and leaders primarily in the areas of labour relations, recruitment, application of HR policy, and health and safety supporting the delivery of outstanding care – every person, every day. Work is performed in the context of our organization's values: Person-Centred, Accountable, Collaborative, Respectful, Innovative.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Provides advice to employees related to WW CCAC human resources and labour relations issues and practices
- Provides first draft of human resources, policies and practices, for example, WW CCAC response to Ontario's AODA legislation; includes researching legislation and identifying best practices
- Provides technical and logistical support to recruitment ranging from development of advertisement/postings, resume reviews, developing interviews / testing, participating in interviews, supporting selection
- Provides new employee orientation with a focus on benefit and pension education and enrollment
- Updates and maintains employee files with a focus on data input; tracks data accuracy and related position control
- Administers workers compensation claims
- Supports the job evaluation process through collecting job content, updating job descriptions and serving as member or lead of the job evaluation committee
- Provides training / education in areas such as safety equipment [N95] and orientation
- Holds a university / college diploma specializing in human resources / labour relations and 3-5 years of experience
- Knowledge of labour relations and experience working in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of HR policies and practices including, for example, recruitment [advertising, sourcing, resume review, reference checks, interviewing, testing, selection], health and safety, job evaluation; knowledge of related legislation and regulation
- Knowledge of computerized databases and applications
- Knowledge of the operations of the WW CCAC and related policies and practices
- Follows all safe work practices and procedures and immediately communicates and mitigates any activity or action which may constitute a risk to client or staff safety
- Participates in training and education related to workplace safety
WWCCAC strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #15/A/06 before 4:30 p.m. on May 12, 2015 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.