Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of Administrative Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: March 16, 2015||Posting: 15/A/04|
|Closing Date: March 30, 2015||Union: Non-Union |
|Position: Manager, Client Services |
FTE: 1.0 – Temporary full-time for up
to 12 months with potential for permanent placement post 12 months
|Initial Assignment: 141 Weber Street South, Waterloo, Regular Day Shift. |
The Manager, Client Services is responsible for managing day to day operations, ensuring that efficient and effective services are provided to clients and their families through the provision of case management services and long term care facility placement services in hospitals and in the community. This position includes the responsibility for ensuring appropriate assessment of needs and coordination and management of services is provided to support clients and their caregivers in their homes.
This position requires a high level of independence and is expected to provide the leadership to ensure that objectives of the CCAC are met.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Manages Client Services teams involving recruitment, selection, coaching counselling and performance management.
- Provides direction to staff regarding case management issues.
- Identifies staff and team training and skill development needs.
- Participates in budget development and monitoring and operational planning for the Division.
- Monitors client outcomes through the use of standardized tools.
- Participates in interagency meetings and committees to promote an integrated approach to service delivery.
- Collaborates with community stakeholders and interprets policies of the CCAC to clients and/or their caregivers, and health care stakeholders.
- Provides primary contact for client/family complaints or issues not resolved by the Care Coordinator or team member.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for client services.
- Provides direction to staff related to legislation, policies and directives.
- A degree in a health related field.
- 5 years progressively responsible experience in health care.
- Management experience in a unionized environment with direct experience with change management.
- Knowledge of legislation governing health care activities in Ontario.
- Interpersonal, analytical, communication and diplomacy skills required.
This position is included in the Manager, Client Services on-call rotation schedule.
WWCCAC strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.