Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of Administrative Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: October 7, 2014||Posting: 14/A/13|
|Closing Date: October 21, 2014||Union: Non-Union |
|Position: Procurement Specialist||FTE: 1.0 – Full Time |
|Initial Assignment: 141 Weber St, Waterloo ON, Regular Day Shift|||
The Procurement Specialist is committed to providing outstanding care – every person – every day. This role will exhibit the following values: person centered, accountable, collaborative, respectful and innovative.
Reporting to the Director, Procurement this position is responsible for assisting with the process, development and delivery of the requisite managed competition process (e.g. Request for Proposals, Request for Information and Requests for Quotes etc.) following procurement best practice, CCAC policies and BPS directive.
Nature and Scope
- Assist the Director, Procurement in competitive bid documents ((e.g. Request for Proposals, Request for Information and Requests for Quotes etc.) for the managed competition process, including assisting in research and preparing statistical reports for the documents, planning, scheduling and participating in the meetings
- Utilize information from analysis to prepare preliminary draft documents/agreements
- Collect/analyze patient services related data
- Coordinate advertising for the managed competition process; includes notification to current and potential providers, assisting in responses to queries and general questions
- Manages the distribution and documentation of all of bid documents, evaluation tools, legal agreements, addendums and amendments within required timelines
- Assist in evaluation and award recommendations for management review; assists in debriefings regarding agreement awards
- Participates in ongoing agreement management and performance monitoring including attending site visits at Service Provider agencies
- Responsible for the continued maintenance of all ongoing agreement-related documentation and databases to ensure that agreement renewals, insurances, financial statements, etc. are updated prior to expiry/analyzed as required; reviews insurance certificates for liability and coverage and liaises to ensure all requirements are met
- Review and approve agreement or/service provider invoices
- Perform closeout/transition activities upon agreement completion
- Provides organizational resource and assists in the resolution of performance related issues
- Review of requisitions to ensure completeness, compliance with purchasing policy and appropriateness of vendor selection within approved policy
- Maintain and apply knowledge regarding laws and regulations that pertain to the procurement of goods and services
- Performs as a project manager in applying project management phases and best practices, including planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation for procurement related projects
- General University Degree or diploma in business with a focus in purchasing or materials management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB) certification and/or working towards or attained the Supply Chain Management Association's Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP) purchasing designation
- A minimum of three years relevant working experience
- Experience in applying project management phases and best practices, including planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation. Strong facilitation, engagement and relationship building skills are required in order to guide project teams who may be comprised of multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent working and applied knowledge of procurement including interpretation and research skills and specification writing
- Excellent knowledge of applicable legislation such as: Agreement on Internal Trade, Procurement Law and Law of Agency, Broader Public Sector Accountability Act, and BPS Procurement Directive, Community Care Access Corporations Act and Local Health System Integration Act etc.
- Advanced applied skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio etc.,) with the ability to learn new applications
- Knowledge of project management and project specific software (Eclipse, MS Project, MapInfo etc.)
- Experience working with database programs and extracting and interpreting data from data base program utilizing procurement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment
- Excellent understanding of purchasing code of ethics, privacy and confidentiality
- Knowledge of CCAC business strategies, objectives, priorities and programs
- Understanding of the CCAC's stakeholders, patient service delivery frameworks and methods, and overall issues and priorities within the health care sector and their impact on procurement systems and operations
- Knowledge of CCAC administrative practices and procedures
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #14/A/13 before 4:30 p.m. on October 21, 2014 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.