Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: May 23, 2014||Posting: 14/C/33|
|Closing Date: May 29, 2014||Union: CUPE|
Classification: Team Assistant – Part Time 0.5 FTE
|Rate of Pay: $20.82 - $23.67|
Initial Assignment: Relief / Primary: Specialty / Secondary: Community
7 and 12 hours prescheduled, Monday to Sunday.
Provides relief at all CCAC locations or teams as required.
- Processing new referrals, including data entry of client information;
- Responding appropriately to incoming phone calls and inquiries as directed by triage decision making tree;
- Updating and maintaining current client information and records in CHRIS database, including client's service bookings;
- Assembling and maintaining files of pertinent client information; verifying that all relevant documents have been completed and filed;
- Booking home visits and client conferences as needed;
- Processing letters, client applications and other client forms;
- Preparing client reports for Care Coordinators/Placement Coordinators as required;
- Generating reports and labels from CHRIS;
- Reviewing and investigating SAFs;
- Securing and/or shredding confidential documents as required;
- Transcribing, copying and distributing letters, memos and conference reports using word processing software and other equipment;
- Other duties as required.
- Successful completion of grade 12, plus an additional program of up to one year in duration;
- Two to three years of relevant administrative office experience;
- Knowledge or experience in medical terminology an asset;
- Understanding of available community resources, services and the roles of health care professionals, hospital and support workers;
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using computer software and data entry skills;
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with internal staff and external clients;
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices;
- Able to work effectively in a team based setting, strong planning and organizational skills, along with the ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities, and to work independently;
- Able to relate effectively with sensitivity, tact and discretion to clients, family members, staff and the public, along with ability to maintain confidentiality.
This position may be assigned other shifts, including weekend rotation, as well as any of our work locations.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #14/C/33 before 4:30 p.m. on May 29, 2014 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.