CCAC Provincial Boundary Map


Pour trouver votre région, entrez votre code postal.


Foire aux questions

To begin


How can I become a patient?


To become one of our patients, you must first undergo an assessment which will help us define your needs and determine if our home or community or other services are what you need. . To get started, we just need you to be referred. Your family doctor can do this, or a nurse, community service provider or other health care professional, or yourself. A family member, friend or neighbor might also do this. 

      Contact us »


Where can I find information on local resources?


A wealth of information is available through our online resource directory at . There you will find listings of a variety of home care services, health and community resources in your area or neighborhood!

Visit »

What nous offer?


We give you the care you need in your home and in the community. The care aims to maximize your health and autonomy; help you make a health care transition (for example, from hospital to home); or providing care after an illness or for a fragile state of health. We are a team of caring healthcare professionals who can help you at home, in school or in the community.

We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the services that could help you the most. The following links include information about our services, depending on where you will receive this care.

Here are quick links to specific services:


How do I know which services I need?


Once you are referred to us and become a patient, you will be assigned a Care Coordinator. He or she will contact you for an assessment, meet with you in your home, in your environment, and help you identify the services and support you may need.


What is a care coordinator?


Our Care Coordinators are regulated health care professionals with skills in nursing, social work, occupational therapy, physiotherapy or speech language pathology. They work directly with patients in hospitals, doctors 'offices, communities and schools, as well as in patients' homes.

Learn more about care coordinators »


How can I get home care?


Home care comes in a variety of ways - from nursing to one-on-one support. In order to determine which services are appropriate for you, we will set up an assessment with the care coordinator. Contact your for a referral and we'll help you get started properly.

   Contact us »


Current patients

If I have concerns about the services I receive, what can I do?


While working to provide the best possible care, we also want to provide the best possible service. We would like to know what is working well and what could be improved. Do you have any compliments, comments, complaints or questions? We need to hear from you to help us improve our ability to provide care to you.

If you would like to bring something to our attention, we encourage you to discuss it first with your care coordinator. If your concerns are not resolved or you would like to formally present them, you can, if applicable, take the following steps to request a formal review. All the steps are listed on our dedicated comments page - just follow the link below.



I will soon be moving to another region. How can I get new services and will my file follow me?


When the time comes to transfer your care, we will try to make the change as smooth as possible. Just let your care coordinator know about your upcoming move - we'll make sure your new local healthcare integration network is waiting for you and ready to continue with your services.

As you will meet new people when you move to a different region, you should expect a brief period of adjustment as you settle into your new home. Rest assured, however, that you will receive the same quality care that you have always received. Finally, your new care coordinator will have access to your files.


Elder care

The situation of my elderly mother worries me. She will be discharged from the hospital soon after undergoing surgery. Can I refer him?


Certainly! Many of our clients are referred to us by family members who look after the well-being of their parents, other family members or friends. We recommend that you discuss this with your parent first before calling us - just to make sure they agree.

Once you have referred your family member and they become a patient, we will work with everyone involved in the care your friend or relative needs to find the services they need.


Care for people with disabilities

What programs are available for my adult child who has an intellectual disability?


We provide home and community services to people with developmental disabilities. Our programs and services are designed to help people live as independently as possible, while having access to life-saving health services when needed.

Depending on your specific circumstances, your son or daughter may benefit from our adult day programs - people with disabilities participate in these programs during the day and return home at the end of the day. We also offer a variety of home care services which may be appropriate for your family. Some people need services that can be provided at home and can then turn to the homes of long-term care . Contact your care coordinator to discuss all of your options.

   Contact us »


Child care

Do you provide services to children?


Yes, we provide care for people of all ages. We provide care to children, youth and their families to help them with short and long term disabilities, at home or at school (or both), depending on your needs.

Contact for more information »


How can I get services at school for my child who needs extra help?


School health support services  are provided by us at the school attended by your child. We can offer a variety of professional health care services including physiotherapy and speech therapy. Your care coordinator organizes this care. If you are not already a patient, you (or your child's teacher or school principal) can make the referral.

We also provide mental health and addiction treatment nurses who specialize in caring for young patients. If you think your child might benefit from nursing care for depression, addiction issues, or other mental health issues, contact your child's school or your us.

   Contact us »

My child is home educated - can I still get help?


Yes, our auxiliary school health services are also offered to students who receive instruction at home. See guidelines for the ancillary services School Health to check the eligibility of your child.

To find out more about auxiliary health services in schools »