CCAC Provincial Boundary Map


Pour trouver votre région, entrez votre code postal.


Services auxiliaires de santé dans les écoles

Students with complex health problems and / or disabilities can obtain ancillary health services in order to attend school. Some students have developmental delays or other disorders that do not prevent them from going to school, but which may interfere with their ability to fully enjoy school activities.

We offer auxiliary health services in schools according to the needs and priority level given to the student. Professionals assess students to determine the urgency of the student obtaining services. Children with complex needs who need help to be able to attend school safely are given priority.

Through the School Health Support Services program, a coordinator makes the necessary arrangements to ensure access to a range of school services.

We can provide students in public schools, private schools and home educated students  :

  • nursing services
  • dietitian services
  • information and guidance services
  • coordination of services

We can also provide private school students and home educated students with the following services:

  • occupational therapy
  • physiotherapy
  • speech therapy
  • personal support services

In addition to providing care in the school setting, professionals who visit schools can also provide education and training and offer health counseling services to teachers and parents in the school.

A child or youth may be eligible for ancillary health services in schools if they:

  • has a valid Ontario health card;
  • is enrolled in a recognized school as defined in the Ontario Education Act;
  • has needs that have been assessed indicating that these services are necessary in order for him or her to attend school, benefit from education and participate in school activities;
  • would experience significant interruptions in attendance, teaching or participation without program support.

For more information and how to access services
For more information on the School Health Support Services program and how to access it, dial 310-2222 (no area code).

Occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech therapy services for students in public schools are provided by

Bluewater District School Board will be served by Thames Valley . After January 7 , 2019, contact the Thames Valley Hospitality Department by phone at 519 685 8716 (TVCC Admission), or by email at

  • Mon Avenir Catholic School Board
  • Viamonde School Board
  • Upper Grand District School Board
  • Waterloo Catholic District School Board
  • Waterloo Region District School Board
  • Wellington Catholic District School Board

The following school boards and associated schools will be served by KidsAbilityAfter January 7 , 2019, please contact the KidsAbility Hospitality Department by phone at 519 886 8886 x1214 , or by email at .