Tell us how we're doing!
Your feedback is important to us.
We are asking you for your feedback to make the services we provide even better. Whether you are a current or past patient or a family member and/or caregiver to a home and community care patient, sharing your experiences will tell us how we can do a better job. We will only know how good of a job we are doing if we hear from you!
Submit your Feedback here »
While working to provide the best possible care, we also want to provide the best possible service. We want to know how we are doing and welcome feedback of all kinds — compliments, concerns, complaints, and all other inquiries.
Also, you may be contacted by a survey company, NRC Picker Canada (www.nrcpicker.ca), or a designated sub-contractor hired by the Central East Local Health Integrated Network (LHIN) to conduct a survey about patients' experiences. Patients and caregivers are randomly selected to participate in a telephone survey that will take about 12 minutes and is completely voluntary. Your answers will help us to learn what is working and where we can make things better. Your responses will not affect your service(s) in any way. At all times, your personal information is protected. We would like to encourage you to share your thoughts by taking part in this brief yet important survey.
If you do not want to be contacted at this time or in the future, please call 1-800-263-3877 ext. 2273 (CARE) or email CE.firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your first name, last name, and phone number, so that you can be removed from the survey calling list.
Our programs and services are accessible to everyone in the Central East community. Compliments, suggestions and complaints from our patients and their families are important to help us continually improve our programs and services.
Feedback Reporting Process Complaints Compliments and Inquiries policy
Patient Appeal Process policy
If you have a specific complaint about your care and the service we are providing, please follow the steps below to ensure a prompt response. We strive to resolve patient complaints informally, whenever possible.
- Contact your Care Coordinator to discuss your complaint. Your Care Coordinator is familiar with your situation and wants to hear what is going well for you and what can be improved. Your Care Coordinator will work with you, your family, or your caregiver to respond to your complaint. Most patient complaints are successfully resolved at this level.
- If, after speaking with your Care Coordinator, your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can ask to speak to his or her manager.
- Our Patient Relations Representative can be directly reached by phone at 905-430-3308 ext. 2273 or by email at CE.email@example.com. You will receive a call within 24 hours or you can ask your Care Coordinator to have the Patient Relations Representative contact you directly.
- If your complaint still remains unresolved, you may request a formal review. To initiate a formal review, please complete our Patient Appeal Form.
- Following the formal review process, if you remain unsatisfied with the decision, you have the right to appeal that decision to the Health Services Appeal and Review Board (HSARB), if it concerns your eligibility for service, the type or amount of service you receive, or why services were discontinued.
Health Services Appeal and Review Board
151 Bloor Street West, 9th Floor
If you want further information about our Quality Improvement efforts, please refer to our Quality Improvement page.
Long-Term Care Action Line
In addition to the our internal process for dealing with patient concerns and complaints, you also have the option of contacting the Long-Term Care Action Line, a service provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Originally established for residents of long-term care homes with concerns about care, the Long-Term Care Action line was expanded in 2007 so that home and community care patients and caregivers could raise concerns or complaints about home and community care services.
If you contact the Long-Term Care Action Line, an Independent Complaints Facilitator (ICF) will be assigned to help you address your concern or complaint with the Central East LHIN. The Long-Term Care Action Line may be contacted by telephone at 1-866-876-7658, or online at: www.health.gov.on.ca