CCAC Provincial Boundary Map


To find your local region, please enter your postal code




Tell us how we're doing!


We're committed to providing safe, high quality patient and family centred care and support. We welcome your input and feedback including compliments, concerns, complaints, and all other inquiries.

Our home and community care programs and services are accessible to anyone in the Hamilton, Niagara, Haldimand-Norfolk, Brant and Burlington area. The valuable input we receive from our patients and their families helps us provide positive patient experience and focus on continuous improvement our programs and services.



care coordinator meeting with elderly male patient
To provide any type of feedback, please contact your Care Coordinator directly.

If you have a specific complaint about your care and the service we are providing, please follow the steps below to ensure a prompt response. We strive to resolve patient complaints informally, whenever possible.

  1. Contact your Care Coordinator to discuss your complaint. Your Care Coordinator is familiar with your situation and wants to hear what is going well for you and what can be improved. Your Care Coordinator will work with you, your family, or your caregiver to respond to your complaint. Most patient complaints are successfully resolved at this level.
  2. If, after speaking with your Care Coordinator, your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can ask to speak to his or her manager.
  3. If, after speaking with a manager, your complaint remains unresolved, you may request a formal review. The manager will inform you how to proceed with a formal review  

Following the formal review process, if you remain unsatisfied with the decision, you have the right to appeal that decision to the Health Services Appeal and Review Board (HSARB), if it concerns your eligibility for service, the type or amount of service you receive, or why services were discontinued.

Health Services Appeal and Review Board
151 Bloor Street West, 9th Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M5S 1S4
(416) 327-8512


Long-Term Care Action Line

In addition to our internal process for dealing with patient concerns and complaints, you also have the option of contacting the Long-Term Care Action Line, a service provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Originally established for residents of long-term care homes with concerns about care, the Long-Term Care Action line was expanded in 2007 so that our patients and caregivers could raise concerns or complaints about home and community care services.

If you contact the Long-Term Care Action Line, an Independent Complaints Facilitator (ICF) will be assigned to help you address your concern or complaint. The Long-Term Care Action Line may be contacted by telephone at 1-866-876-7658, or online at:



The Lieutenant Governor in Councilpatient meeting with doctor and care coordinator officially appointed Christine Elliott as Ontario's first-ever Patient Ombudsman. The province has made legislative and regulatory changes in order to create the role of Patient Ombudsman.

As of July 4, 2016, the Patient Ombudsman office will be able to receive and respond to complaints from patients about public hospitals, long-term care homes and home and community care, in order to help meet the needs of patients who have not had their concerns resolved through existing complaint mechanisms.

Ontarians can connect with the Patient Ombudsman:

  • By mail at:
    Patient Ombudsman
    Box 130, 77 Wellesley Street West
    Toronto, Ontario  M7A 1N3
  • By telephone at: 1-888-321-0339
  • Online at:

Ontario is proclaiming into force amendments to the Excellent Care for All Act to set out the functions and powers of the Patient Ombudsman, which include:

  • Investigating, helping to resolve, reporting on and responding to complaints about the health care system made by patients, former patients and caregivers
  • Investigating health sector organizations on her own initiative
  • Making recommendations to health sector organizations following investigations
  • Reporting to the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care on her activities and recommendations, and to Local Health Integration Networks as appropriate.

The amendments will also expand the mandate of Health Quality Ontario to include responsibility for supporting the Patient Ombudsman.