CCAC Provincial Boundary Map


To find your local region, please enter your postal code



Tell us how we're doing!  

The North West LHIN's vision is healthier people, and strong health system – our future. While working to provide the best possible care, we also want to provide the best possible service. We want to know how we are doing and welcome feedback of all kinds — compliments, concerns, complaints, and all other inquiries.

Our programs and services are accessible to everyone in the North West LHIN community. Compliments, suggestions and complaints from our patients and their families are important to help us continually improve our programs and services.

To provide any type of feedback, please contact your North West LHIN Home and Community Care Coordinator directly.

If you have a specific complaint about your care and the service we are providing, please follow the steps below to ensure a prompt response. We strive to resolve patient complaints informally, whenever possible.


  1. Contact your Care Coordinator to discuss your complaint. Your Home and Community Care Coordinator is familiar with your situation and wants to hear what is going well for you and what can be improved. Your Home and Community Care Coordinator will work with you, your family, or your caregiver to respond to your complaint. Most patient complaints are successfully resolved at this level.

  2. If, after speaking with your Home and Community Care Coordinator, your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can ask to speak to his or her manager.

  3. If, after speaking with a manager, your complaint remains unresolved, you may request a formal review.  The manager will inform you how to proceed with a formal North West LHIN review.   

  4. Following the North West LHIN Home and Community Care formal review process, if you remain unsatisfied with the decision, you have the right to appeal that decision to the Health Services Appeal and Review Board (HSARB), if it concerns your eligibility for service, the type or amount of service you receive, or why services were discontinued.

Health Services Appeal and Review Board
151 Bloor Street West, 9th Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M5S 1S4
(416) 327-8512


Long-Term Care Action Line

In addition to the North West LHIN Home and Community Care Nurse Practioner and Clientinternal process for dealing with patient concerns and complaints, you also have the option of contacting the Long-Term Care Action Line, a service provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Originally established for residents of long-term care homes with concerns about care, the Long-Term Care Action line was expanded in 2007 so that North West LHIN Home and Community Care patients and caregivers could raise concerns or complaints about home and community care services.

If you contact the Long-Term Care Action Line, an Independent Complaints Facilitator (ICF) will be assigned to help you address your concern or complaint with the North West LHIN. The Long-Term Care Action Line may be contacted by telephone at 1-866-876-7658, or online at: