CCAC Provincial Boundary Map


To find your local region, please enter your postal code

NSM Logo

We Welcome Your Feedback



We strive to provide outstanding care to all our Home and Community Care Support Services patients, every day. We welcome feedback of all kinds - compliments, complaints, concerns and all other inquiries. Receiving feedback and input from our patients and their families is important to help us continually improve our programs and services. 

Here are a few ways to share your feedback, compliments, complaints or concerns: 

  1. Complete the Voice of the Caregiver Survey
  2. Discuss your concerns with your Care Coordinator
  3. Call Ontario's Long-Term Care ACTION Line to share concerns about Long-Term Care Homes or Home and Community Care Support Services
  4. Contact Ontario's Health Services Appeal and Review Board for concerns about service eligibility  
  5. Contact Ontario's Patient Ombudsman

Here's more details and contact information for each of these options: 

1. Voice of the Caregiver Survey

We reach out to caregivers of patients who have passed away to complete a short survey about the experiences of care and services received during the last months of life.

Caregivers may be contacted by mail through NRC Health, an independent research company that has been selected to conduct the survey. The survey is available in English and French.

Your participation is completely voluntary and your responses will not impact any current or future service(s) received. Your feedback will help us continue to improve the care we deliver to patients like you.

All information gathered in the survey, including personal and personal health information, will be protected, kept secure at all times, and will only be used as authorized under Ontario's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and Personal Health Information Protection Act.

If you have any questions or wish to be removed from our survey contact list, please contact us at 705-721-8010 or 1-888-721-2222 and ask to speak to your Care Coordinator.


2. Contact your care coordinator

We strive to resolve complaints informally, whenever possible. If you have a specific complaint about the service or care that you're receiving, please follow the steps below to ensure a prompt response: 

1.   Contact your Care Coordinator to discuss your complaint. Your Care Coordinator is familiar with your situation and wants to hear what is going well for you and what can be improved. Your Care Coordinator will work with you, your family, or your caregiver to respond to your complaint. Most patient complaints are successfully resolved at this level.       

2.   If, after speaking with your Care Coordinator, your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can ask to speak to his or her manager. Should you prefer, the Ministry's Long-Term Care Action Line provides a service to patients and family members as an additional avenue to our formal complaints process. 

3.   If, after speaking with a manager, your complaint remains unresolved, you may request a formal review. The manager will inform you as to how to proceed with a formal review.

4.   Following the formal review process, if you remain unsatisfied with the decision, you have the right to appeal the decision to the Health Services Appeal and Review Board (HSARB), if it concerns your eligibility for service, the type or amount of service you receive, or why services were discontinued. Concerns about your care or healthcare experience with us can also be directed to the Ontario Patient Ombudsman.       


  • by phone: 1-866-903-5446 or 705-721-8010, ext 6600
  • in person or by mail at/to: 15 Sperling Drive, Suite 100, Barrie, ON L4M 6K9

3. Ontario's Long-Term Care Action Line

If you are receiving services through us, we encourage you to first contact us to support addressing your concerns. 

If you are not satisfied with our response, the Long-Term Care Action Line is available to individuals who have any concerns and/or complaints about Home and Community Care Support Services or Long-Term Care Homes. 

The Long-Term Care Action Line may be reached by telephone at 1-866-876-7658, or online at:


4. Ontario's Health Services Appeal and Review Board

The Health Services Appeal and Review Board (HSARB) will hear complaints related to your eligibility for service, the type or amount of service you receive, or why services were discontinued.

The HSARB is an independent tribunal set up by the Ministry of Health to address complaints about the health care system and can be reached by telephone at 1-866-282-2179 or 1-416-327-8512 by email at:

5. Ontario's Patient Ombudsman

The Patient Ombudsman should be contacted after you have exhausted all other applicable complaint mechanisms, including the Long-Term Care Action Line.

More information about the Patient Ombudsman is available online at: or by calling 1-888-321-0339 or 416-597-0339.


Print This Content >>