Health care system partners contribute immensely to our work at Home and Community Care Support Services. From providing services to patients in the home and throughout the community, to providing direct support to our patients in other care settings as part of the circle of care.
Our partners include health care professionals such as physicians, nurse practitioners, hospitals, long-term care homes, pharmacists and community support service agencies.
We also hold agreements with a variety of contracted service provider organizations. These service providers have successfully completed a rigorous quality review and are under contract to provide services to patients on behalf of Home and Community Care Support Services. These services include:
- Personal support (help with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, etc.)
- Occupational therapy
- Speech-language therapy
- Social work
- Nutritional counselling
- Medical supplies and equipment
We are committed to working together with our partners to deliver high quality care to patients across Ontario. If you have a patient with an acute or chronic condition whose needs cannot be met through current treatment and supports, we can provide a variety of home and community-based services to help. We can also arrange a supportive living environment for those eligible – either at home or in the community, for patients with needs that cannot continue to be met in their current situation.
Common OHIP billing codes
Our advice and services are covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). Below outlines common billing codes to be used when working with us:
- KO70 for completing a referral
- K071 and K072 for acute and chronic home care supervision (for personally providing medical advice, direction or information to us or delegated health care staff)
- K124 for a case conference regarding a home care patient. Note the K124 requires participation by the physician most responsible for the care of the patient and at least two (2) other participants that include physicians, regulated social workers, home and community care employees and/or regulated health professionals.
We work with all health care providers involved in the care of our patients and welcome any dialogue that will support their well-being. Examples of some of the OHIP covered services Home and Community Care Support Services provides:
- Catheter care
- Central venous line flushes and maintenance
- Diabetic teaching support
- Diabetic foot offloading devices
- IV therapy/Infusions
- Negative-pressure wound therapy
- Ostomy care
- Wound care
- Chemotherapy disconnects
- Debridement care plans