We are here to help. Ontario’s 14 Home and Community Care Support Services organizations coordinate in-home and community-based care for thousands of patients across the province every day.
We assess patient care needs, and deliver in-home and community-based services to support your health and well-being. We also provide access and referrals to other community services, and manage Ontario’s long-term care home placement process.
We collaborate with primary care providers, hospitals, Ontario Health Teams and many other health system partners to support high-quality, integrated care planning and delivery.
We help patients, their families and caregivers when they need services, support and guidance to:
- Remain safely at home with the support of health and other care professionals
- Return home from hospital and recover at home
- Find a family doctor or nurse practitioner
- Find community services that support healthy, independent living
- Transition to long-term care or supportive housing
- Die with dignity in the setting of their choice
In addition to our role and responsibilities to provide home and community care services, we are important health system partners actively collaborating and managing emergency response activities such as pandemic response and community, hospital and long-term care home evacuations needed in moments of unforeseen natural disasters such as floods and forest fires.
For information and referrals related to home and community care or long-term care home placement, please call 310-2222 for service in English or 310-2272 for service in French (no area code required).
Home and Community Care Support Services provided care to more than 644,000 patients in 2021-2022 which included:
- 35,700,000 personal support worker hours
- 8,000,000 nursing visits
- 42,000 rapid response nurse visits
- 27,000 long-term care placements
- 57,000 school health support services visits (including mental health and addictions nursing)
Our organization also:
- Directly employs more than 8,600 staff across the province
- Operates with a total funding allocation of $3.2B (as of July 2021)
- Works with more than 150 service provider organizations via approximately 400 contracts which includes services such as nursing and personal support, as well as hospices and medical vendors
Our Board of Directors
We are governed by a provincially-appointed Board of Directors. This highly skilled and diverse group oversees all 14 Home and Community Care Support Services organizations across Ontario and supports the continued provision of high-quality home care services with a cohesive provincial vision in support of the government’s plan to modernize home and community care.
Visit our Board of Directors page for more information including bios and board meetings.
Our diverse team includes more than 8,600 dedicated health care professionals and support team members. We are here to serve all communities and residents requiring home and community care services across Ontario.
We work closely with Ontario’s Ministry of Health, Ministry of Long-Term Care, Ontario Health, our contracted service providers, Ontario Health Teams and thousands of other health system partners, patients, family members and caregivers.
We empower you to be your best selves, do your best work and deliver the best possible patient experience.